Bradford Police Museum seeks new Volunteers for Front of House
The Bradford Police Museum is an exciting city centre museum which is now seeking new volunteers to work in the museum, supporting the front desk.
The museum was established in 2014 and is housed at Bradford City Hall in the former Victorian police station, the old cells and courthouse. It now provides an important and unique heritage visitor attraction in the city, presenting the history of the former Bradford City Police through exhibition, guided tours and as a research hub. Visitor numbers are increasing year on year. The museum also owns and exhibits a 7 vehicle historic police vehicle collection.
The museum is a not for profit company, run by a volunteers Board of Trustees and registered with the Charity Commission. It is actively ‘working towards accreditation’ with the Arts Council. The museum adopts and follows national museum curating standards. An important objective is to make the museum more accessible to harder to reach groups.
The front desk role is to provide a welcoming and friendly reception and first point of contact for Museum visitors, providing information and assistance to help visitors to maximise their enjoyment and understand the comprehensive visitor offer. The museum is currently open from March to November on Fridays (10am – 4pm) and Saturdays (10am – 4pm). There are also occasional special events and evening pre booked Group Tours.
This is a customer facing role and involves greeting visitors, checking bookings and processing sales from the museum shop. Full on-the-job training will be given.
• Numerate and willing to be trained to use payment systems.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to provide a friendly welcome.
• Ability to deal with basic enquiries and an understanding of when to pass on more complex enquiries to appropriate volunteers.
• Ability and commitment to volunteer on a regular basis.
• An enthusiasm for the museum and its aims.
• Ability to understand and follow basic security and Health and Safety requirements.
• A co-operative approach to working with other volunteers and staff as part of a team.
• Willingness and ability to attend training.
• A commitment to working with all sections of the community and to providing additional support to those visitors who may need it.
- Age restrictions
Must be over 18 years of age
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from The Bradford Police Museum
Keighley Community Transport
Ilkley & District Good Neighbours Community Transport
Sew Keighley Pride
Bradford PHAB Club