We are looking for passionate Bradford district residents who would be willing to work with people from all walks of life, and who want to create a caring Bradford district for everyone.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your leadership skills, meet people of all backgrounds, build new friendships and attend training and events. You will learn from each other and even learn new things about yourself.
You will help us to reach communities and neighbourhoods to disseminate information on COVID-19 and vaccinations, especially to those from minority, migrant, diaspora backgrounds; those who do not speak English well or very little; those with disabilities and/or learning difficulties; isolating, elderly or digitally excluded and those more likely to be impacted by COVID-19 due to poor housing, poverty and health.
You will volunteer alongside Communication Officers and get involved with a wide range of activity including:
- Meet with people to listen to their experiences in your area, setting up support groups, undertaking reassurance and engagement walks, be part of positive and powerful story-telling and disseminating information via whatsapp groups
- Co-design, co-produce and share media and information with others
- Work with statutory and voluntary organisations to run groups for people so their views can be heard and their concerns can be addressed
- Meet with other professionals i.e.NHS staff, politicians, and Council departments to share and shape ideas.
Do you care about your community? Do you want to positively contribute to the district's fight against the effectd of the pandemic? We are recruiting people with a variety of skills and experiences. If you area ble to speak a community language we would be particularly interested in hearing from you.
- Age restrictions
Over 18s only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel expenses paid
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/01/2021
End Date: 30/06/2021
A variety of days / times are available
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Volunteering Bradford
The Thornbury Centre
East Morton Community Shop
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Carelink Befriending & Support Services