Could you spare a just a few hours every couple of months to help our charity develop?
Action Point Community Support Services is a Keighley based voluntary organisation with plans for future expansion of its services to meet the changing needs of our local community.
We are a registered charity operated as a company limited by guarantee. We are looking to recruit some more Board members who share our values and commitment to making a difference to the lives of older people, people with disabilities and other disadvantaged people living within Keighley & surrounding areas.
Board meetings are held every two months at the Temple Row Community Centre during office hours. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
We are particularly keen to recruit members of the local community in Keighley who have one or more of the following skills:
· Experience of caring for a person with a disability, illness or age-related needs.
· Experience of living with a disability, illness or age-related needs.
· Experience of supporting disadvantaged and marginalised groups
· Expertise in marketing, PR or event management.
· Experience in fundraising & completing funding bids
· Experience of strategic development
Experience of community engagement
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/07/2021
End Date: 03/07/2022
Board meetings are held every two months at the Temple Row Community Centre during office hours. Other activties may be conducted depending on availability.
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Action Point Community Support Services
Bingley (St Ives) Riding for the Disabled Association
Action Point Community Support Services
AWARE Airedale & Wharfedale Autism Resource
Buddha Land Kadampa Meditation Centre and World Peace Cafe