Do you enjoy getting out and about? Are you physically fit and aware of manual handling techniques? If so, we need your help to deliver and collect furniture and household items for Emmaus Bradford. Our van is on the road Mon-Sat delivering and collecting household items, which reduces waste going to landfill and helps our social enterprise to grow. If you would like to use your spare time to help Emmaus Bradford, to gain skills, and to meet new people, please get in touch.
In house training in heavy lifting techniques and PPE required for this role are supplied.
- Manual handling
- Customer service
- Safely loading and unloading the van
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries (using an app)
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience of manual handling
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Team work, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) on a regular day Mon-Sat.
Training, support and benefits
- Full induction when you start
- Support throughout from our Warehouse Manager
- An opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Travel expenses within the local area / lunch expenses
- References provided
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
travel ./ lunch expenses
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible role. Days/times negotiable
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Emmaus Bradford
Shipley Glen Tramway - The Glen Tramway Preservation Society Ltd
RSPCA - Craven & Upper Wharfedale Branch
Bread and Roses Cafe
Bradford Baby Bank
Haworth Riding For Disabled Group