Bread + Roses is looking for bright and diligent individuals to join our team of
Voluntary General Managers (VGMs) to manage day-to-day running of Bread + Rises
and ensure it is clean, safe, and welcoming for all.
Our co-operative cafe, workspace, and community venue on North Parade is open Mon-Fri
9am-5pm. You can park your bike immediately outside, there is £3 all day car parking nearby,
and we are only a 10 minute walk from both train stations and the University College area.
1. Support the B+R Business Manager to ensure the building is clean, safe and secure for everyone to use (up to 30 minutes per day)
2. Take action in case of emergency (hopefully never)
3. Ensuring everyone using or visiting B+R is signed in and made to feel welcome (up to 15 minutes per day)
4. Being the point of call and fielding enquiries (up to 15 minutes per day)
5. Proactively lending a hand to staff and building users when required (up to 1hr per day) The role requires you to start at 9am and lockup at 5pm. NB. new COVID responsibilities.
● Ensuring co-working space is clean and tidy, glass on every desk and water jugs available on big meeting table, lights are on, heating on, printer on, fire escapes clear and open
● Welcoming visitors and being a point of call for anyone using B+R
● Being proactive in cleaning and tidying when you see something (including checking if bins are full and if there is toilet paper / soap), sorting it, or letting members of staff know.
● Always lending a hand where needed, including assisting cafe team if it gets busy
● Supporting new users to signup and use Coherent booking system
● Making bookings for staff and volunteers via your unrestricted Coherent staff account
● Completing new building user inductions including health and safety rundown, completing forms, signing terms, adding to register of users (see VGM folder) and FB Workplace
● Manage print enquiries and assist people using the printer
● Answering questions to the best of your ability, relaying messages, providing information, and fielding enquiries
● Showing people around, providing information, and making introductions
● Closing down and locking up
● Instruct and assist others to maintain high levels of hygiene by wiping down surfaces such as desks, tables, door handles and handrails, as well as shared areas like the kitchen and the printing area throughout the day.
● Ensure users and visitors to B+R use hand sanitiser available, adhere to social distancing and other guidelines.
● Free day co-working, volunteer tariff + discount, and free lunch.
● Help with the day-to-day management of Bread + Roses, join as a member and share ownership of our co-operative, and play a central role in our creative community.
Unfortuanately the building is only accessible on the ground floor
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/05/2021
End Date: 22/07/2022
Minimum commitment is one weekday, 9-5pm
14 North Parade
More Opportunities from Bread and Roses Cafe
Carers' Resource, Bradford
Bradford Museums and Galleries
Good Neighbours Project (St Christopher's Church)
Keighley Healthy Living
St Vincent's Centre Bradford