The Worth Connecting Project aims to help the over 55s to use a smartphone/ tablet/ computer to become less isolated and more connected.
Our smartphone or Tablet/computer is the heart of most of our day to day lives. We use it to email family and friends, order groceries, shop online or search for local events amongst other things. As a volunteer, you can now support someone to do just that.
Volunteer Digital Champions help our clients to gain this knowledge by working in groups and sometimes on a one to one basis, in local community centres or care homes, clients homes, or group setting in various venues, our volunteers support our clients to use technology in a way which works for them.
Hours are flexible, Monday to Friday but we ask that you commit to attending a group or seeing a client for around an hour or two hours a week for six week blocks.
• Comfortable with day to day use of a tablet, laptop and/or smartphone
• Patient and supportive
• Non-judgemental, sympathetic and a good listener
• Reliable, able to attend groups or appointments with the person
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Able to travel to different venues and people’s homes (travel expenses paid)
• Ability to speak another language (not essential)
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
But need adequate car insurance if using own vehicle
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/06/2021
End Date: 28/02/2022
Days/times flexible - hours to be agreed
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Carers' Resource, Bradford
Mary's Meals UK
Bradford PHAB Club
Bradford Sea Cadets
England and Wales Cricket Board