Do you want to make a difference in your own community and make a difference in the life of a young person? We will run a regular group for young girls aged 9-14, and you could support that group running activities, supervising the young people and helping it to become a safe space. Full training will be given and a DBS check will be required (no cost involved).
We will be hosting a regular group for the girls in the Y’s Girls mentoring programme. Volunteers will work with us to develop fun activities that encourage them to develop important life skills. You will always set a good example to the young person and encourage positive behaviour. You will play an important role in helping a young person achieve their full potential and build on the young person’s strengths. What you will get • Full training, supervision and support • Experience of working with young people • Grow your own leadership skills, as well as your confidence and resilience
Time Expectations We expect the group to meet weekly for two hours. There will also be travel time and preparation time, and other events throughout the year that you can attend at your
• We require no formal qualifications.
• You will be able to reflect on life experiences where you personally have faced difficulties and challenges in life, with which you gained essential learning and understanding about many of the experiences that a young person will face.
• Volunteers will need to be able to show empathy to a young person and see things from the perspective of the young person. It will be important to help the young person develop empathy for others.
• Non-judgemental attitude
• Support us in the delivery of fun, educational and developmental activities – things you already do like games, crafts and discussions.
• Good communication skills and a good listener.
• Enthusiastic and good attitude to learning and development of those around you.
• Good time keeping and reliable - an essential quality for the young people to trust you.
• Knowledge of Issues facing young girls In Bradford and a willingness to learn.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The group will probably run on a Thursday or Friday early evening/after school.
125 Thornton Road
Independent Visitors - Sheffield City Council
Bradford Museums and Galleries
Bradford Sea Cadets
Mary Magdelene Church