So what can we do for your organisation?
1. Assist with recruitment of volunteers
- Brokerage for other organisations: matching individual volunteers with them by maintaining a broad database of local opportunities. We maintain a database of information about your needs for volunteers and match local people to the opportunities that best suit their skills, experiences and motivation.
- Maintain & manage a local Bradford & District volunteering database promoting a range of opportunities across the district.
- Produce and distribute a weekly eNewsletter promoting new volunteer opportunities to 100s of registered volunteers
- Produce a distribute a volunteer opportunities directory x2 per year
- Make volunteering as accessible as possible by providing support assistance for people as required.
- Campaigning to promote and increase the involvement of volunteers from the asylum seeker / refugee community.
- Run several drop-ins across Bradford District offering advice and information for individuals wishing to volunteer.
- We assist around 5000 people per year, so registering with us should ensure that your volunteering opportunities reach a wide audience.
- Supporting local business around the CSR agenda / employee volunteering
2. Advice and support on volunteer management
- We maintain an up-to-date library of information on current legal and good practice issues in respect of volunteering, including how to develop a volunteering policy, volunteer’s expenses and tax, vetting volunteers etc.
- Promote good practice via the ‘People Can’ – Volunteering Kitemark quality standards
- We can also offer consultancy in all aspects of volunteering, from developing a Volunteer Policy, good practice in supporting and supervising volunteers, enabling access for volunteers etc.
- Provide advice and guidance around safeguarding issues – basic awareness training
- Facilitate a Volunteer Manager’s Forum providing peer support for those who manage volunteers.
- Provide training for Volunteer Managers’ via our partnership with CABAD.
3. Volunteering development
- Promoting community action and encouraging links and partnerships between organisations that can provide volunteers and those with specific needs and tasks
- Working with all interested parties, including the statutory and private sectors, both at a practical and strategic level.
- Representation of Bradford & District at regional level via YAHVCON (Yorkshire & Humberside Volunteer Centre Organiser’s network)